So last month we talked about getting your business on Facebook. I hope you’ve taken the time to do this. Let’s move forward and chat about how you’re going to bring value to your current followers, and keep them engaged.
One thing to be clear of before we get started – You as a business owner do NOT need to be on every Social Media platform – so breathe a sigh of relief and let’s get really good at one for now. Besides, you want to be where people are and currently Facebook has 1.79 billion active monthly users. NO joke!
Everything we hear as marketers regarding Facebook revolves around the (Know – Like – Trust) method!
When your brand is social in a way that builds relationships, people start to like you, you’re showing them how using your product or service is helping them, thus the trust factor!
Remember, people do business with people that they like and trust.
So how do we do this?
- IMAGES! Ask yourself this – would I stop at that image? Make sure your message also conveys how your product or service is going to make my life better. Never just post an image – tell the story, get me emotionally involved. You get the picture! A picture can say a lot more than a text post. A visually striking image can bring the rapid thumb-scroller to a halt. Engagement soars when your image tells a story or connects on a personal or emotional level. If you own a restaurant then your food images need to be high res and mouth watering. Imagine your audience being hungry and stumbling across what you have strategically placed in their news feed at just the right time. Chances are their growling stomach along with your image will have them lining up at the door. Do you own a jewelry store? That diamond necklace needs to pop as I’m scrolling through the mounds of images on my news feed in order to make me stop. Show images of people using your product that is relevant to your audience and you will have a better chance of initiating that good ole thumb stop!
- PROVIDE VALUE! Anytime you post or share content to your Facebook page, make sure you are providing value to your fans. Is there a takeaway or something in it for them? Teach people how to do something or inspire them to take action but most importantly, add value to their life.
- FACEBOOK LIVE! Lights, Camera, Action!! – Does the thought about going LIVE excite you or scare you to death? Facebook Live is nothing more than you telling and showing someone about your products and services as well as how your business can help and bring value to them. Using this feature is not only free but it saves you time. Your engagement rate goes up each time you use video or Facebook Live. Facebook continues to push video content via its News Feed algorithm and video, particularly live video, and remains key to its vision for the future of the social network.
Here are some great resources for finding images!
- Adobe Spark (for images and text overlay for all social media platforms)
- WordSwag for mobile (add text pazazz to any photo or choose one from their gallery
- Lumyer App is my go to for adding animation to pictures with unique effects and creativity. This puts movement to any picture creating a video in your news feed.